Thursday 30 June 2011

First Steps

Although I had to work today, thanks to my new camera, a Sony NEX-3, I was able to grab a few street shots on my way to and from work, so the day wasn't totally wasted. I'm still getting used to the camera (its only two days old), and shooting at a 16mm focal length. That's quite a bit wider than I'm used to, as I usually shoot with my 50mm lens when I'm out and about, but I'm starting to get the hang of it, and its forcing me to get closer to people before I can take the shot. For this I'm thankful that the shutter is far quieter on this camera than on my DSLR.




These last two shots were taken on my way home and the Sun was out and shinning brightly giving some strong shadows. I like to shoot with light like this every now and again as the effect is alike to something a little more surreal than an ordinary photograph.


No comments:

Post a Comment